The Dubai Mall
Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai Business Bay
|Designed by||DPA Singapore|
- Stories above ground: 3
- Stories below ground: 2
- Stores: Approximately 1,200.
- Site size: 278 acres
- Floor space: 5,900,000 square feet.
- Retail space: 3,770,000 square feet.
- Theater seats: 3,000.
- Steel used: 7,300 tons
- Parking spaces: 14,000
- Developer: Dutco Balfour Beatty
- Developer: Al Ghandi/CCC
- At the time of its completion, this was the world's largest mall.
- Part of the mall features a retractable roof.
- This mall has the first branch of Paris' famous Galleries Lafayette in the Middle East.
- World's largest mall.
- World's largest gold bazaar.
- World's musical fountain.
- Largest department store in the United Arab Emirates (Galleries Lafayette at 192,000 square feet)
- 2004: Dubai Mall joint venture formed.
- 2006: Original opening date for this mall (missed).
- August 28, 2008: This mall opens for business.