Burj Al Arab
|Also known as||
Island Of Arabia
Jumeirah Beach Road
Dubai Umm Suqeim
|Designed by||W.S. Atkins and Partners|
|Maximum height||1,053 feet/316 meters|
- The atrium is 590 feet / 180 meters tall.
- One of the restaurants is accessed via submarine.
- A 79 foot wide / 24 meter wide helipad projects from the building 689 feet / 210 meters above the ground.
- The building's design is influenced by the profile of an Arabian sailing ship.
- May, 2006: Model Naomi Campbell causes a stir when she rents out 18 floors of the hotel for a party to celebrate her 36th birthday. The cost of the lavish bash is estimated at US$1,800,000.